The following is a brief summary of crypto and blockchain news that may have been overlooked:
– Payments platform Wirex has teamed up with Novatti to provide cards to Australians, potentially allowing up to 20 million people access to multicurrency cards. The service will offer rewards and no FX or maintenance fees.
– Blockchain security company Halborn discovered vulnerabilities in Dogecoin and other networks, including Litecoin and Zcash, putting over $25bn of digital assets at risk.
– Ex-chair of the CFTC, Christopher Giancarlo, has stated that the US should lead the development of CBDCs to counter China’s “surveillance coins” and establish democratic values such as freedom of speech and privacy.
– Blackstone and Apollo Global Management are reportedly interested in taking over assets from Silicon Valley Bank, which was seized by federal regulators last week.
– Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao denied reports that the company was looking to acquire Coindesk via CoinMarketCap.
– Unstoppable Domains has partnered with Polygon Labs to launch .polygon, which will give users a portable identity to use across a variety of apps, games and metaverses.
– Over a million users have played Bitcoin Miner, an idle mobile game that rewards users in real bitcoin.
– DigitalBits has partnered with MotoGP rider Fabio Di Giannantonio to promote Web3 technology to the MotoGP fanbase.
– Skills Agency has launched Ownership.fyi, an NFT application based on proof of ownership logic that allows physical companies to authenticate NFT owners.